Saturday, February 16, 2008

Managing your heart health

Heart disease is a number one killer, but no one really understands that it is totally preventable.

I was reading a book called "Take a Load off Your Heart," and I realized just how preventable it really is. I also realized some of the habits I have that will cost me when I am older, if I don't change.

Stress management was an important key in preventing heart disease. Not only avoiding stressors, when possible, is vital, but also, learning how to effectively deal with stressors when they arise, is critical, since it is impossible to avoid all stressors.

Eating a diet high in fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and grains in their natural state is very helpful for preventing heart disease. So is getting out and exercising.

But especially important - is having a positive attitude and knowing how to manage emotions.

No comments: